Making progress on the exterior doors. The entire back porch is a bit of a problem area. I’m still trying to figure out what to do with that awful water heater situation between the 2 doors. Maybe a tank less water heater is the way to go. Also, how do I cover up the stupid useless laundry room door? I’m stumped as to how to remedy all the weird structural issues.
In progress, it looks so ghetto.
Benjamin Moore Toucan Black on the exterior and the Behr Ultra Pure White (semi-gloss) on the interior and molding.
I still need to add the screen and molding on the den door as well as finish scraping off extra paint on the glass panes. Still ghetto, but now the rest of the exterior is screaming for some paint.
Below is the interior of the kitchen door. So much nicer than the tobacco color and mysterious brown stained mess that we lived with for almost a year (we also lived with the foreclosure brass real estate doorknobs and a metal plate covering the deadbolt – how embarrassing).
We got a couple of sets of standard doorknobs from the Home Depot ages ago to replace the foreclosure knobs. They are not my number one choice, but sacrifices must be made for budgets…maybe one day something a little more mid century will replace them. We still have to drill out the holes for the deadbolt since the preexisting ones are about an inch to small.
The den door – before/after:
This door has been so gross and ugly for so long that the fresh paint immediately makes me happy every time I go in the room. We still need to replace the weatherstripping and clean the glass. To do, to do…it never ends.
I started working on the garage doors but it began raining and eventually snowing – in the motherf*ing Southern California desert! It was brief but so weird. Its been FREEZING lately, our heating bill is out of control.
Oh yeah, also the abandoned exterior lighting project. There are some weird things going on with the electrical wiring that may be a little above our skill level to problem solve. The lights all work when installed but won’t turn on and off – except for the one light still installed (but only when its installed alone). The Boy had a very rough time with that project and now refuses to look at it. I don’t blame him, I’m trying to ignore some things as well.