I used one of the cowhides I bought from craigslist to replace the Ikea Stockholm Rand Rug I had in the living room. I was thinking of using a kilim, but the organic shape of the hide is nice and the neutral color is less overwhelming than the graphic Rand Rug.
The living room still needs some work:
– New leather sling for butterfly chair
– Reupholster orange lounge
– Roller shades for two front windows
– Front door hardware
– Ace Hotel inspired shelving unit on the back wall
– Make the bookshelves pretty (doors maybe?)
– Aesthetically stacked firewood.
– Fix stupid ghetto cable coming out of the floor.
The list will probably keep growing…
Forget all that “work” that needs to be done. Right now this is whats totally inspiring my living room.
Check out Kitka Design. John and Juli have such great style and I’m super jealous of their amazing vintage collection. Their space is always so well edited and stays very modern with all their amazing vintage pieces.
I’m aspiring to go for a more sleek, eclectic and elegant style. Now the giant challenge is to quell the kitschy bit of my personality that gets really excited about truly horrible crap at thrift stores. (Art collection, I’m looking at you.)